Phone: Show Phone Number(505) 820-0163
Your message has been sent.
126 E De Vargas Street,
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501 (View Map)
Founded in 1983, Sam Goldenberg & Associates produces results for New Mexico business buyers and sellers. No other business brokerage in New Mexico rivals our volume of businesses listed and sold.
When you sell or buy a business with us, you are not only working with the largest business brokerage in New Mexico, you are working with the largest business brokerage in the world. We are New Mexico’s exclusive affiliate of SUNBELT, a network of independent business brokers that spans the globe. Over 250 business brokerages in 13 countries make up the power and reach of the SUNBELT brand. Listing your business with us simultaneously lists your business with our sister company, Sunbelt New Mexico (www.SunbeltNewMexico.com); distributes it to the SUNBELT Network-branded website and its advertising partners; and takes advantage of Sunbelt’s exclusive relationships with Inc. Magazine, Family Business magazine, and USA Today.
Michael Greene (505) 820-0163
I lead Sam Goldenberg & Associates (SGA), New Mexico's oldest and most successful business brokerage and the City of Santa Fe's "Best Small Business of 2015." Supported by financial analysts, transaction coordinators and marketing associates, SGA has served as the Gateway to the Land of Enchantment since 1983. We consistently sell more businesses than any other business brokerage in the state.
I bring experience in transactions, negotiations and sales to SGA. After graduating from Harvard Law School, I practiced mergers and acquisitions in southern California, presided over a network of New Mexico commercial real estate firms, and co-founded a successful business consulting firm with a portfolio of national clients.
To learn more about buying or selling a business in New Mexico, we invite you to view www.SamGoldenberg.com or www.SunbeltNewMexico.com. Our sales activity for the last two years below demonstrates our record of success.
• Strong and Stable Insurance Agency. Listed at $585,000.
• Top-Rated Angel Fire Restaurant. Listed at $275,000.
• Strong Niche IT Service Provider. Listed at $455,000.
• Holistic Health Care Center. Listed at $375,000.
• Charming Bakery & Cafe in Santa Fe. Listed at $56,000.
• Profitable and Growing Albuquerque Retail Bakery. Listed at $575,000.
SOLD in 2018
• Premium Hard Cider Company. Listed at $125,000.
• STAG Tobacconist in Santa Fe. Listed at $595,000.
• Fun Center in Durango, an ancillary sale. Listed at $3,000,000.
• Santa Fe Fine Consign, a furniture and home accessories consignment store. Listed at $285,000.
• Don Quixote, an artisan craft distillery & winery. Listed at $445,000.
• Sage Creek, a Canyon Road Art Gallery with real property. Listed at $2,300,000.
• Statements, a Tile and Lighting store in Santa Fe. Listed at $690,000.
• Full Service Restaurant with real property in Roswell, NM. Listed at $1,300,000.
• Top New Mexico IT Service Provider. Listed at $395,000.
• Albuquerque's Right at Home, buyer's representation. Listed at $650,000.
• Xitech Instruments, an environmental technologies manufacturing and distribution business. Listed at $950,000
• Xynergy, an Elite Digital Marketing & Web Development Firm.
• Bouche Building Real Estate acquisition. Listed at $795,000
• Sanchez Auto Body Shop in Las Vegas, NM. Listed at $495,000.
• Successful Santa Fe Winter Sports. Listed at $225,000.
SOLD in 2017
• Allbright & Lockwood, a Santa Fe tile, lighting, and decorative hardware business. Listed at $445,000.
• Santa Fe Clay, the Southwest's premier center for the ceramic arts. Listed at $495,000.
• Partnership in Bountiful Cow, a specialty cheese wholesale/distributor. Listed at $445,000.
• Bouche French Bistro in Santa Fe. Listed at $65,000.
• Smallcakes, a high growth cupcake bakery in Albuquerque. Listed at $575,000.
• Galisteo Bistro in Downtown Santa Fe. Listed at $295,000.
• Garcia Street Books in Santa Fe. Listed at $225,000.
• 2 Time Couture in Albuquerque, a high-end women's fashion consignment boutique. Listed at $42,000.
• Rasa Kitchen + Juice in Santa Fe. Listed at $98,000.
• IT Service and Consulting Firm. Listed at $260,000.
SOLD IN 2016
• A Santa Fe mobile home community. Listed at $1,675,000.
• Desert Auto, a full-service auto repair center in Las Cruces. Listed at $295,000.
• Speedy Copy, a full-service, recession-proof copy center business. Listed at $195,000.
• C.G. Higgins Confections. Listed at $199,500.
• Le Bon Voyage, Santa Fe's premier luggage and travel store. Listed at $295,000.
• Distinguished & Successful Albuquerque Restaurant. Listed at $169,000.
• Accessories Unlimited. Listed at $339,500.
• Santa Fe Property Management Company. Listed at $205,000.
• Santa Fe Monthly Cultural Publication. Listed at $495,000.
• Edible Arrangements in Albuquerque. Listed at $285,000.
SOLD IN 2015
• Sweet Lily Bakery, an award-winning artisan bakery and cafe in Santa Fe. Listed at $54,000.
• Taos Carting & Shipping. Listed at $97,500.
• Alpine Sports in Santa Fe. Listed at $600,000.
• Bhava Yoga Studio, a studio located in Albuquerque's Edo neighborhood. Listed $108,000.
• Galisteo Bistro, an intimate, restaurant in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Listed at $79,000.
• Katrinah's East Mountain Grill. Listed at $285,000.
• Zephyr, a Premier Santa Fe Boutique. Listed at $125,000.
• The Original Santa Fe & Canyon Road Walking Map. Listed at $185,000
• Barton's Flowers, a Northern New Mexico Florist,. Listed at $139,000.
• Eden Medispa, a Northern New Mexico Medical Aesthetic Treatment Spa. Listed at $329,000.
• Fun Center, a Premium Multi-Line Dealership located in Durango, Colorado. Listed at $1,850,000.
• Earth Tones, an imported women's clothing niche retail store in downtown Santa Fe. Listed at $75,000.
• Edible Arrangements in Santa Fe. Listed at $165,000.
• Limonata Italian Street Food Caffe-Coffeshop in Albuquerque's Nob Hill neighborhood. Listed at $95,000
• Comfort Solutions Mechanical, a heating, cooling and plumbing company located in Farmington, NM. Listed at $495,000.
SOLD IN 2014
• Amazing Pain-Less, a Pain Relief Product Company. Listed at $39,000.
• Capitol Computer, a High Tech IT Firm for sale. Listed at $198,000.
• Underpinnings, an Intimate Apparel Boutique in Santa Fe. Listed at $119,000.
• San Marcos Café & Feed Store in Santa Fe. Listed at $1,975,000
• Cartwright Plumbing Company in Northern New Mexico. Listed at $950,000.
• Greenberg Fine Art, a Santa Fe Art Gallery on Canyon Road. Listed at $185,000.
• Galisteo Bistro, an award-winning restaurant near the Santa Fe Plaza. Listed at $349,000.
• Wow Dawgs Gourmet Hot Dog Fast Food Restaurant in Santa Fe. Listed at $69,500.
• The Reel Life, a Santa Fe fly fishing gear and charter service company. Listed at $129,000.
• The Santa Fe Weaving Gallery, a specialty Santa Fe designer clothing retail store. Listed at $398,000
• Round the Round House, a Santa Fe monthly print publication. Listed at $225,000
Facilitating the sale or acquisition of businesses; helping business owners expand through strategic acquisitions; determining the broker's opinion of the most likely sales prices of their business through detailed industry procedures; developing exit plans to position businesses to maximize their sales value.
A member of the IBBA, an A+-rated business with the Better Business Bureau, a member of the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce, and an affiliate of the Sunbelt Network for all of New Mexico.
This nationally recognized gallery will give new owners a distinct edge and an established position to thrive in North America’s second largest art market. Recently named by Santa Feans as one of the city’s best art galleries, the venue has been successfully connecting art collectors and artists since 2007. Approximately 80% of sales are conducted over the phone. New owners will take over a portfolio of over 30 established artists, a client database numbering over 5,000 names, a favorable lease, and a lively location near museums, restaurants, retail and major hotels. More info
New owners will inherit southern New Mexico’s premier showroom. The top brands in kitchen, bath and closet/organization systems are attractively displayed in this inviting, state-of-the-art space. Four complimentary profit centers have driven the business’ expansion throughout southern New Mexico and West Texas. Relationships with the area’s high-volume and custom homebuilders account for 78% of annual sales and have fueled its domination of the residential construction market. Eight out of every ten new homes feature this company’s products. The diversity of styles, range of price points, and white glove sales, design and installation services have secured this preeminent market position More info
As the first copy shop in Taos, Copy Queen has served this Northern New Mexico community for over 35 years. The shop specializes in full color and black and white copies, printing, graphic design, and a line of office products. Operations include three high-speed copiers and an Epson wide-format printer and scanner for the production of oversized posters, architectural drawings and giclée prints for the Taos business community.A reputation for top-notch customer service and a welcoming ambiance make Copy Queen the preferred copy shop for individuals and local businesses. New owners will inherit client relationships with the area’s hotels, restaurants, art galleries, and government offices. More info
This stylish, well-known pub and restaurant enjoys a prime location just off the Santa Fe Plaza. The heart of Santa Fe's historic downtown, the area teems visitors and locals. With this busy foot-traffic, the establishment consistently produces over $1 M in sales. The combination of location, price, atmosphere and a proven food model presents an exceptional opportunity.Spanning 4,600 square feet and seating up to 155 guests, this venue has been a mainstay of Santa Fe's downtown casual dining scene since it opened over 14 years ago. Specializing in American and Southwester fare, the upscale pub food is hearty, the portions are generous, and the prices are reasonable. The bar is known for its More info
This is the kind of business opportunity that comes along once in a lifetime. It is an internationally acclaimed for-profit arts organization that has been offering transformative experiences for over two decades. More than 20,000 adults from all 50 states and over 25 foreign countries have participated in its destination programs in Santa Fe, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Many, multiple times. New owners will inherit a successful and stable business supported by a strong staff, partnerships with major corporations and influential civic organizations, and diverse programming that excites its community. Enjoy traveling to some of the world’s most compelling locations, spending time with More info
New owners will walk into a true turnkey, professionally managed business featuring products with broad mass appeal. This is a well-known brand closely associated with Albuquerque. All the systems, protocols, staff and brand recognition are in place to support new owners. The Seller works about five hours a week in the business, mostly from home. Olo Yogurt Studio is an independent, self-serve frozen yogurt and gourmet treat shop. Since opening in in 2010, it has become a popular Nob Hill destination. In addition to self-serve frozen yogurt, Olo offers gelato, custard, sorbet, and ice cream. Pre-packed pints, beverages, and logo gear are also available. With over 50 toppings, customers More info
This turnkey Massage Envy clinic enjoys a high-traffic location in o Farmington, New Mexico’s premier shopping center. New owners will inherit strong recurring income, a known presence in the local market, and over $225,000 in leasehold improvements. The staff and systems are in place to support your continued success. The general manager who is responsible for all the day-to-day operations currently earns $45,000.Since 2002, Massage Envy’s affordable-membership model has propelled the chain and its eye-catching storefront spas to 1,200 U.S. locations. The national membership base numbers over 1.5 million people.The franchise offers a variety More info
This upscale salon has solidified its status as a Santa Fe destination for great hair and style. Word of mouth drives sales, the salon attracts and retains top talent, and name-recognition keeps the chairs filled. Frequently booked well into the future, this salon has double in size over the last few years. Enjoying a prestige location, over $100,000 in architectural embellishments have rendered a space of singular charm. If an experienced stylist takes over, expect to substantially increase what you take home. An entrepreneurially minded buyer will find several ways to build upon this solid foundation More info
Creativity and quality have made this specialty retail bakery into an Albuquerque icon. Sales have consistently gone up each year, customers are loyal, and the local and national media sing its praises. The bakery has been recognized with multiple awards and reader polls “Best of” honors.Work part or full time in this business. Strong procedures, processes, and proven products are in place. The current owner spends between 20 to 25 hours per week in the business, leaving it to the general and assistant managers to handle most of the day-to-day activities. More info
This full-service transportation company has been keeping New Mexico on the move for the past quarter century. It serves the entire state with a concentration on the central and northern New Mexico markets. Recurring income, exclusive contracts, and strong brand recognition are some of its top attributes. The business has ten distinct profit centers, with none representing more than 10% of annual sales. New owners will inherit a large fleet of fully-paid vehicles, software tools that help manage logistics and bookings, and an experienced staff. The employees demonstrate a culture of customer service excellence and the drivers adhere to protocols of strict road safety. While the rise of More info
From this immaculate and festive 1,500-square-foot space, Ziggy’s has become Northern New Mexico’s destination for frozen yogurt. This independently-owned business has quickly established itself as a favorite among locals and tourists. In 2018, Taos News readers voted one of the area’s “Best Places to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth.”Frozen yogurt, sorbets, gelatos and shakes along with baked good and drinks are featured on the menu. The Frozen yogurt comes in regular non-fat and low-fat as well as sugar free offerings. A daily selection of ten flavors combine favorites with a rotating selection of special attractions. Ziggy’s special inhouse recipes for Biscochito, Pinon, Red Chili Chocolate More info
Take over an established roofing contractor with a top-notch team, a reputation for superior products and services, and a large customer base. This full-service roofing business has served Central New Mexico residents and business owners for nearly three decades. Advanced proven products and services have powered its organic growth, and stream-lined processes have maximized profits. With customers willing to wait six months or longer to have this business handle their roofing needs, the business stays busy year-round. Projects are scheduled into 2019. Employees average ten years or more with the company, all take pride in supporting the company’s brand, and customer satisfaction is the ethos More info
This Santa Fe art gallery has established a reputation for offering quality fine art. The carefully curated collection includes regionally and nationally acclaimed artists. It works with discriminating and affluent art collectors from around the country. The gallery has grown its sales each year since it opened in 2006.New owners will inherit the accounts receivables as of the time of the sale. Currently this figure exceeds $139,000 in income to the gallery. Also available are the casting rights for one of the premier names working in the field today with the estimated potential of $3.3 million-plus in net income. More info
This business offers the opportunity to enter the art world with an established position and a strong portfolio of artists. The gallery has secured a reputation for presenting quality work that captivates visitors. Oils, mixed media paintings adorn, and sculptures adorn the walls and pedestals of this elegant space. A roster of events consistently draws crowds. Inherit a known brand, a detailed database of over 4,500 collectors, and a dynamic marketing program. Enter North America’s third largest art market, interact with art lovers from around the country, and spend your working days in an inspiring, peaceful environment. More info
Step into this turnkey business and take advantage of all the lifestyle, cultural and outdoor amenities that Durango has to offer. Against the backdrop of the dramatic San Juan Mountains in southwest Colorado, Durango is famed for its walkable, historic downtown, majestic natural beauty, and numerous family and outdoor activities. The vibe is relaxed, vibrant with cosmopolitan overtones.Over its 30 years of operation, this business has built up a strong customer base and robust referral network. A high-visibility downtown location, minimal competition and complementary, in-demand products have secured it a strong and stable market position. It consistently generates sales over $1.5 million More info
This business is a destination for high-quality retail and wholesale soil and soil amendments uniquely suited to New Mexico. This mission-driven, triple bottom line business provides products, services and education to support sustainable relationships between New Mexicans and their environment. New owners will inherit approximately $75,000-worth of product valued at wholesale that is available for sale today. Note that about 57 percent will be sold at significantly higher retail prices. Over 10,000-cubic yards of unscreened compost is in the process of maturing and will become available over the next two years. This will ultimately have an estimated wholesale value of $384,500. New owners More info
Over its nearly 30 years in business, this full-service, independent retail and service operation has grown into an established destination for indoor and outdoor home amenities as well as architectural and automotive glass. Sales are rock steady, consistently topping $1.5 million a year with Seller’s Discretionary Earnings dependably in the $300,000 range. A commitment to delivering a superior customer experience has been foundational to its success. This is highly recognized brand throughout its service area.Hot tubs, saunas, sunrooms, fireplaces, gas and wood-burning stoves transform homes into cozy getaways and expand the living out of doors. Expert in the installation of windows, More info
Enjoy the good life! At an elevation of 8,600 feet in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire is an alpine resort town where spirits soar and outdoor adventures abound. For nearly ten years, this restaurant has been one of Angel Fire’s top destinations for good food, friendly service, and a relaxing ambiance. Locals and tourists consistently rank it as one of the area’s top dining spots. With total seating for 60-plus guests, this establishment is open for lunch and dinner and operates with a Beer and Wine license. The to-go orders are brisk. Gluten-free options are a big hit with tourists and locals alike.Whether you’re a first-time restaurant owner or a skilled operator, everything is in More info
This independent property and casualty insurance agency writes over $3 million in premiums a year. It is New Mexico’s second largest Progressive agent as well as works with a number of well-respected national insurance brands. This portfolio allows it to match clients with the insurance that best fits their needs and budget. New owners will take over a turnkey business with a licensed staff in place, a stable book of business, and an active referral network. Strong office protocols and quoting/CRM tools are in place. More info
This established, fully-staffed behavioral health clinic provides a valuable service to the residents of Central New Mexico. It offers comprehensive, evidence-based treatments, including individual counseling, couples and group therapy, intensive outpatient programs, and resources for family members. It works with all major private health insurance providers, which account for approximately 95 percent of its revenue. Demand is high for its programs. The business has practically doubled in size every three years, and it’s on track to replicate this feat in the next two. A strong referral network comprising the local health care community has lead to a multi-month waiting list More info
Your message has been sent.