Phone: Show Phone Number(505) 820-0163
Your message has been sent.
126 E De Vargas Street,
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501 (View Map)
Founded in 1983, Sam Goldenberg & Associates produces results for New Mexico business buyers and sellers. No other business brokerage in New Mexico matches our volume of businesses listed and sold. From its origins as a sole proprietor primarily concentrating on the Santa Fe Market, today Sam Goldenberg & Associates has taken a multi-disciplinarian approach supported by a team and led by Michael Greene. Our footprint reaches across the state of New Mexico and into parts of Southern Colorado.
When you sell or buy a business with us, you are not only working with the largest business brokerage in New Mexico; you are working with the largest business brokerage in the world. We are New Mexico’s exclusive affiliate of SUNBELT, a network of independent business brokers that spans the globe. Over 250 business brokerages in 13 countries make up the power and reach of the SUNBELT brand. Listing your business with us simultaneously lists your business with our sister company, Sunbelt New Mexico (www.SunbeltNewMexico.com); distributes it to the SUNBELT Network-branded website and its advertising partners; and takes advantage of Sunbelt’s exclusive relationships with Inc. Magazine, Family Business magazine, and USA Today.
Michael Greene (505) 820-0163
I lead Sam Goldenberg & Associates (SGA), New Mexico's oldest and most successful business brokerage and the City of Santa Fe's "Best Small Business of 2015-16." Supported by financial analysts, transaction coordinators and marketing associates, SGA has served as the Gateway to the Land of Enchantment since 1983. We consistently sell more businesses than any other business brokerage in the state.
I bring experience in transactions, negotiations and sales to SGA. After graduating from Harvard Law School, I practiced mergers and acquisitions in southern California, presided over a network of New Mexico commercial real estate firms, and co-founded a successful business consulting firm with a portfolio of national clients.
To learn more about buying or selling a business in New Mexico, we invite you to view www.SamGoldenberg.com or www.SunbeltNewMexico.com. Our sales activity for the last two years below demonstrates our record of success.
• Pub and Restaurant on Santa Fe Plaza. Listed at $185,000.
• Santa Fe Architectural Accessory Sales & Service Business. Listed at $450,000.
• Albuquerque Specialty Building Trades Business. Listed at $1,750,000.
SOLD in 2019
• Northern New Mexico Health Care Center, with real property. Listed at $635,000.
• Olo Yogurt Studio, Albuquerque's Iconic Frozen Yogurt Shop. Listed at $120,000.
• Angel Fired Pizza, a Top-Rated Angel Fire Restaurant. Listed at $275,000.
• Ziggy's Frozen Yogurt in Taos. Listed at $120,000.
• Rebel Donut, a Profitable Retail Bakery in Albuquerque. Listed at $575,000.
• Hunter Kirkland Contemporary on Canyon Road.
• Strong and Stable Insurance Agency. Listed at $585,000.
• Charming Bakery & Cafe in Santa Fe. Listed at $56,000.
• Strong Niche IT Service Provider. Listed at $455,000.
SOLD in 2018
• Premium Hard Cider Company. Listed at $125,000.
• STAG Tobacconist in Santa Fe. Listed at $595,000.
• Fun Center in Durango, an ancillary sale. Listed at $3,000,000.
• Santa Fe Fine Consign, a furniture and home accessories consignment store. Listed at $285,000.
• Don Quixote, an artisan craft distillery & winery. Listed at $445,000.
• Sage Creek, a Canyon Road Art Gallery with real property. Listed at $2,300,000.
• Statements, a Tile and Lighting store in Santa Fe. Listed at $690,000.
• Full Service Restaurant with real property in Roswell, NM. Listed at $1,300,000.
• Top New Mexico IT Service Provider. Listed at $395,000.
• Albuquerque's Right at Home, buyer's representation. Listed at $650,000.
• Xitech Instruments, an environmental technologies manufacturing and distribution business. Listed at $950,000
• Xynergy, an Elite Digital Marketing & Web Development Firm.
• Bouche Building Real Estate acquisition. Listed at $795,000
• Sanchez Auto Body Shop in Las Vegas, NM. Listed at $495,000.
• Successful Santa Fe Winter Sports. Listed at $225,000.
SOLD in 2017
• Allbright & Lockwood, a Santa Fe tile, lighting, and decorative hardware business. Listed at $445,000.
• Santa Fe Clay, the Southwest's premier center for the ceramic arts. Listed at $495,000.
• Partnership in Bountiful Cow, a specialty cheese wholesale/distributor. Listed at $445,000.
• Bouche French Bistro in Santa Fe. Listed at $65,000.
• Smallcakes, a high growth cupcake bakery in Albuquerque. Listed at $575,000.
• Galisteo Bistro in Downtown Santa Fe. Listed at $295,000.
• Garcia Street Books in Santa Fe. Listed at $225,000.
• 2 Time Couture in Albuquerque, a high-end women's fashion consignment boutique. Listed at $42,000.
• Rasa Kitchen + Juice in Santa Fe. Listed at $98,000.
• IT Service and Consulting Firm. Listed at $260,000.
SOLD IN 2016
• A Santa Fe mobile home community. Listed at $1,675,000.
• Desert Auto, a full-service auto repair center in Las Cruces. Listed at $295,000.
• Speedy Copy, a full-service, recession-proof copy center business. Listed at $195,000.
• C.G. Higgins Confections. Listed at $199,500.
• Le Bon Voyage, Santa Fe's premier luggage and travel store. Listed at $295,000.
• Distinguished & Successful Albuquerque Restaurant. Listed at $169,000.
• Accessories Unlimited. Listed at $339,500.
• Santa Fe Property Management Company. Listed at $205,000.
• Santa Fe Monthly Cultural Publication. Listed at $495,000.
• Edible Arrangements in Albuquerque. Listed at $285,000.
SOLD IN 2015
• Sweet Lily Bakery, an award-winning artisan bakery and cafe in Santa Fe. Listed at $54,000.
• Taos Carting & Shipping. Listed at $97,500.
• Alpine Sports in Santa Fe. Listed at $600,000.
• Bhava Yoga Studio, a studio located in Albuquerque's Edo neighborhood. Listed $108,000.
• Galisteo Bistro, an intimate, restaurant in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Listed at $79,000.
• Katrinah's East Mountain Grill. Listed at $285,000.
• Zephyr, a Premier Santa Fe Boutique. Listed at $125,000.
• The Original Santa Fe & Canyon Road Walking Map. Listed at $185,000
• Barton's Flowers, a Northern New Mexico Florist,. Listed at $139,000.
• Eden Medispa, a Northern New Mexico Medical Aesthetic Treatment Spa. Listed at $329,000.
• Fun Center, a Premium Multi-Line Dealership located in Durango, Colorado. Listed at $1,850,000.
• Earth Tones, an imported women's clothing niche retail store in downtown Santa Fe. Listed at $75,000.
• Edible Arrangements in Santa Fe. Listed at $165,000.
• Limonata Italian Street Food Caffe-Coffeshop in Albuquerque's Nob Hill neighborhood. Listed at $95,000
• Comfort Solutions Mechanical, a heating, cooling and plumbing company located in Farmington, NM. Listed at $495,000.
SOLD IN 2014
• Amazing Pain-Less, a Pain Relief Product Company. Listed at $39,000.
• Capitol Computer, a High Tech IT Firm for sale. Listed at $198,000.
• Underpinnings, an Intimate Apparel Boutique in Santa Fe. Listed at $119,000.
• San Marcos Café & Feed Store in Santa Fe. Listed at $1,975,000
• Cartwright Plumbing Company in Northern New Mexico. Listed at $950,000.
• Greenberg Fine Art, a Santa Fe Art Gallery on Canyon Road. Listed at $185,000.
• Galisteo Bistro, an award-winning restaurant near the Santa Fe Plaza. Listed at $349,000.
• Wow Dawgs Gourmet Hot Dog Fast Food Restaurant in Santa Fe. Listed at $69,500.
• The Reel Life, a Santa Fe fly fishing gear and charter service company. Listed at $129,000.
• The Santa Fe Weaving Gallery, a specialty Santa Fe designer clothing retail store. Listed at $398,000
• Round the Round House, a Santa Fe monthly print publication. Listed at $225,000
Facilitating the sale or acquisition of businesses; helping business owners expand through strategic acquisitions; determining the broker's opinion of the most likely sales prices of their business through detailed industry procedures; developing exit plans to position businesses to maximize their sales value.
A member of the IBBA, an A+-rated business with the Better Business Bureau, a member of the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce, and New Mexico's exclusive affiliate of the Sunbelt Network.
Over its nearly 30 years in business, this full-service, independent retail and service operation has grown into an established destination for indoor and outdoor home amenities as well as architectural and automotive glass. Sales are rock steady, consistently topping $1.5 million a year with Seller’s Discretionary Earnings dependably in the $300,000 range. A commitment to delivering a superior customer experience has been foundational to its success. This is highly recognized brand throughout its service area.Hot tubs, saunas, sunrooms, fireplaces, gas and wood-burning stoves transform homes into cozy getaways and expand the living out of doors. Expert in the installation of windows, More info
This upscale dog daycare, boarding, and spa franchise is backed by the pioneer in the dog care industry. Its emphasis on education, exercise, and safe socialization for dogs has solidified its position as the top dog daycare brand and won it Franchise Business Reviews’ ranking as one of the overall Top 50 Franchises. Dog parents have the assurance of leaving their beloved furry family members in the hands of trained professionals in an environment created with the safety of dogs in mind. Throughout the day, they can log into the center’s high-fidelity webcams to view their furry children at play or rest.New owners will take over $823,460-worth of investments and an emotionally rewarding More info
This business is a destination for high-quality retail and wholesale soil and soil amendments uniquely suited to New Mexico. This mission-driven, triple bottom line business provides products, services and education to support sustainable relationships between New Mexicans and their environment. New owners will inherit approximately $75,000-worth of product valued at wholesale that is available for sale today. Note that about 57 percent will be sold at significantly higher retail prices. Over 10,000-cubic yards of unscreened compost is in the process of maturing and will become available over the next two years. This will ultimately have an estimated wholesale value of $384,500. New owners More info
This Farmington-based business is backed by Budget Blinds,North America’s #1 provider of window coverings. New owners will take over an established business that serves a broad swathe of Northwestern New Mexico and Northeastern Arizona. In its 20-plus years of continuous operation, this business has gone through two changes in ownership. Repeat clients, including apartment complexes, interior designers, property management companies, local schools and San Juan college, represent approximately 50 percent of its annual revenue. It is rated in the top 10 percent among all Budget Blinds franchises for motorized sales.Budget Blinds’ array of stylish options, white-glove services, and buying power More info
This business specializes in unique and beautiful architectural appointments for residential environments. Working primarily on an appointment basis, the business has an active, repeat client base of over 70 builders, architects and designers. They rely on the business’ design solutions and turnkey services for their high-end home construction and remodel projects in Santa Fe and beyond. Strong profit margins, competitive prices and value-added services have secured the business’ success, made it immune from internet competition, and demonstrated its resilience through various economic conditions. Over its nearly 30-year history, the business has changed hands three times, twice to More info
Work with one of the top brands in home healthcare services. Highly ranked by national publications, this innovator in the field enjoys a 99% patient satisfaction rate. This Santa Fe franchisee has a base of 25 clients, exclusively hires Certified Nursing Assistants, and has developed a strong referral network. This company’s affordable solutions and white glove services have secured it a strong and growing market position in the affluent community of Santa Fe. Enjoy a rewarding career making a difference in people’s lives. Provide families with peace of mind, help seniors and disabled adults remain in a familiar and comfortable environment, and provide family caregivers with needed More info
This nationally recognized gallery will give new owners a distinct edge and an established position to thrive in North America’s second largest art market. Recently named by Santa Feans as one of the city’s best art galleries, the venue has been successfully connecting art collectors and artists since 2007. Approximately 80% of sales are conducted over the phone. New owners will take over a portfolio of over 30 established artists, a client database numbering over 5,000 names, a favorable lease, and a lively location near museums, restaurants, retail and major hotels. More info
This stylish, well-known pub and restaurant enjoys a prime location just off the Santa Fe Plaza. The heart of Santa Fe's historic downtown, the area teems visitors and locals. With this busy foot-traffic, the establishment consistently produces over $1 M in sales. The combination of location, price, atmosphere and a proven food model presents an exceptional opportunity.Spanning 4,600 square feet and seating up to 155 guests, this venue has been a mainstay of Santa Fe's downtown casual dining scene since it opened over 14 years ago. Specializing in American and Southwester fare, the upscale pub food is hearty, the portions are generous, and the prices are reasonable. The bar is known for its More info
This turnkey Massage Envy clinic enjoys a high-traffic location in Farmington, New Mexico’s premier shopping center. New owners will inherit strong recurring income, a known presence in the local market, and over $225,000 in leasehold improvements. The staff and systems are in place to support your continued success. The general manager who is responsible for all the day-to-day operations currently earns an annual salary of $50,000.Since 2002, Massage Envy’s affordable-membership model has propelled the chain and its eye-catching storefront spas to 1,200 U.S. locations. The national membership base numbers over 1.5 million people.The More info
This full-service transportation company has been keeping New Mexico on the move for the past quarter century. It serves the entire state with a concentration on the central and northern New Mexico markets. Recurring income, exclusive contracts, and strong brand recognition are some of its top attributes. The business has ten distinct profit centers, with none representing more than 10% of annual sales. New owners will inherit a large fleet of fully-paid vehicles, software tools that help manage logistics and bookings, and an experienced staff. The employees demonstrate a culture of customer service excellence and the drivers adhere to protocols of strict road safety. While the rise of More info
This gourmet French bistro provides high-quality food and imported European pantry goods in a mid-20th Century Parisian ambiance. Café and grocery sections are fully integrated. Serving breakfast and lunch, crêpes and other dishes are prepared in front of customers, contributing to the bistro's intimate charm.Featured on the menu are high-quality local coffee and espresso drinks, a selection of 20 teas from France served in porcelain tea sets, macaroons, cheese plates, baked goods, soups and salads. The grocery offers over 250 pantry and home items imported from France, Italy and Spain. Free espresso service on the weekends entices visitors to further dine and shop. Specialty gifts and gift More info
This full-menu Dairy Queen Chill & Grill has been a staple at Santa Fe Place mall for 14 years. This popular eatery occupies a prime 3,000-square-foot corner spot with strong visibility from the food court and the mall’s main concourse. New owners will take over a turnkey operation in which the current owner works only one day per week in the business. Inherit over $311,000 in recent investments in furniture, fixtures, equipment and improvements. Most key equipment has been purchased within the last two years. Dairy Queen has been serving milkshakes, malts and frozen treats since 1940. With a menu that now includes burgers, chicken sandwiches, grilled club and BLT sandwiches, the DQ brand More info
This garage shop has been a destination for auto repairs for over 50 years. The business enjoys a high visibility, high traffic location near a major intersection in a commercially dense area. Recent investments in furniture, fixtures and equipment make this a turnkey opportunity to provide the full suite of auto services.Known for its friendly service and competitive pricing, the business offers new owners the following advantages:• Direct frontage on major, high-traffic road • Remodeled showroom and baths• 7 bays• 11 Lifts, including 2 post lifts, 5 pad lifts, and 2 scissor lifts• Equipment in place to handle a variety of auto repairs• Cloud-based POS system• Customers drawn from More info
With a sterling location and charming ambiance, this Santa Fe restaurant has become a destination for a memorable dining experience. Serving lunch and dinner, it caters to Santa Fe locals and tourist. The cuisine is a faithful interpretation of classical continental fare. Seasonal dishes feature premium fresh ingredients sourced from local organic vendors. The presentation is world class. An expertly curated selection of over 100 domestic and imported wines is featured on the menu. Consistently exceptional food and faultless service have won it high praise from patrons and professional restaurant critics alike. This is a prime opportunity for a chef-operator. The atmosphere and amenities More info
This service and retail business offers consistent sales, recurring income, and stable cash flow. For nearly 25 years, this business has been a staple in Eldorado, a community that is the residential and commercial hub of southwestern Santa Fe County. In addition to Eldorado’s convenience to the city of Santa Fe, its top-ranked K-8 school, public library, community pool, designated wilderness area and other recreational amenities have made it a popular live/work destination for families, artists and entrepreneurs. This business is confidentially listed for sale. Precise details, including its identity and market focus, can only be shared upon receipt of a Non-Disclosure Agreement and More info
Tumbleweeds enjoys an established advertising base, strong distribution, and a talented team of writers, designers and editors. This quarterly has been a cherished resource among Northern New Mexican families and visitors with children for nearly a quarter century. The full-color, glossy-covered publication has been prized for its quality writing, events calendar and special inserts. The editorial focus helps schools, cultural organizations, small businesses and service providers connect with this key target market. Many have been advertising in the pages of this publication for ten years or longer. Some have been with Tumbleweeds since its first issue in 1995, and this is reflected in the More info
If you could imagine a women’s fashion destination where clients are eager to see the latest fashions, jewelry and accessories, then you can begin to understand the power and passion behind this thriving business. Voted “Best of Santa Fe in Women’s Clothing,” recently in 2019 and multiple times over the past 30 years, the business has also been featured in several other local magazines such as Trend Magazine 2019, The Essential Guide in 2015 - 2016, In Art Design Magazine, various fashion magazines and the local Santa Fe Guide Magazine.This business offers a proven operating history with strong growth and attractive margins. With a technically-proficient and well managed staff, this More info
This Santa Fe art gallery has established a reputation for offering quality fine art. The carefully curated collection includes regionally and nationally acclaimed artists. It works with discriminating and affluent art collectors from around the country. The gallery has grown its sales each year since it opened in 2006.New owners will inherit the accounts receivables as of the time of the sale. Currently this figure exceeds $139,000 in income to the gallery. Also available are the casting rights for one of the premier names working in the field today with the estimated potential of $3.3 million-plus in net income.. The inventory of gallery-owned bronzes with a retail value of $450,600 can More info
Step into this turnkey business and take advantage of all the lifestyle, cultural and outdoor amenities that Durango has to offer. Against the backdrop of the dramatic San Juan Mountains in southwest Colorado, Durango is famed for its walkable, historic downtown, majestic natural beauty, and numerous family and outdoor activities. The vibe is relaxed, vibrant with cosmopolitan overtones.Over its 30 years of operation, this business has built up a strong customer base and robust referral network. A high-visibility downtown location, minimal competition and complementary, in-demand products have secured it a strong and stable market position.With price points ranging from the budget-friendly More info
This green Santa Fe business has been a destination for products for the home, hearth and garden for over forty years. The real estate is included in the price, opening up attractive financing options. The expansive showroom provides an inviting space for the display of top North American and European brands. Sales are year-round and competition is minimal. The brand draws homeowners, contractors and landscapers throughout Northern New Mexico. It works with customers to bring style, greenery, warmth and energy cost-savings to their residential remodel and new construction projects. Its reputation for quality is unchallenged.Download, complete More info
From its 31,175 SF manufacturing facility and offices in Albuquerque, this full-service business designs, fabricates and installs high-grade custom finish work and architectural appointments. It dominates the commercial and institutional markets for a 300-mile radius. No other regional competitor operates at its scale, technological advancement, or workforce sophistication. Investments in automation allow it to deliver projects on time and in budget. Its work takes it throughout New Mexico, West Texas, Southern Colorado, Colorado’s Western Slope and into eastern Arizona. Off-the-shelf proprietary products are shipped throughout the U.S. New More info
For over 20 years, this shipping and mail center has served the residents and small businesses in an affluent Santa Fe community. It is an authorized center for FedEx, UPS and the United States Postal Service. The business also provides mailbox rentals, notary services, custom packaging, copying, shredding and more. Recurring income averages over $8,000 month. New owners will enjoy a flexible schedule, the support of a stable, experienced staff, and a transferable, favorable lease with multiple options. More info
Your message has been sent.