Fast-expanding excavating/heavy civil/underground utility company
Strong margins and great cash flow! Multi-million in future customer contracts
(Seller's Discretionary Earnings)
included in asking price
not included in asking price
Share this business:
Fast-expanding, non-unionized, excavating, heavy civil and underground utility company located on the west coast for sale. The company is well diversified in both the private and public sectors, while establishing itself as a key player in the fast-expanding, Renewable Energy Sector. A growing amount of business comes from the renewable energy sector; as well as, the power industry, public works and some site-civil residential work. This is a well-established business with high year-over-year growth and an approved supplier to key government agencies, with $191 million in pending contracts.
Gross Revenue: $18,681,221
Net Income: $1,906,088
Asking Price: $11,500,000 + Real Estate
Real Estate: $1,198,000 (2) locations - 6,400 sf building and (2) 2,000 sf office buildings
The company serves the Western United States and Alaska, and is launching a project in Hawaii in Spring 2018 in a joint venture project valued at $34 million. In addition, there is a possibility of soon branching into Haiti with a $140 million wind farm project. The company, rooted in a small town with strong community ties, promises hometown service backed by a team of construction professionals, takes pride in everything its team does. The company has such a stellar reputation for quality and integrity, that its services are highly sought and it earns them a premium when bidding new projects.
Current opportunities include large joint venture projects and increasing demand for wind farms. This is a high-growth company that is fast becoming a dominant player in the Renewable Energy Sector, a sector with an expected compound annual growth rate of 10.3% through 2019, and a market expected to expand to $778 billion in 2019.
The owner believes that the company will continue to experience significant growth with its diversification in both the public and private sectors, and particularly given its competitive advantage as i) a government approved supplier and ii) registration as a preferred vendor for a large federal power marketer.
Here are some of the highlights and competitive advantages of this business:
• The company operates a well-diversified book of projects, within both the private and public sectors. A growing amount of business comes from the renewable energy sector; as well as, the power industry, public works and some site-civil residential work.
• The company has such a stellar reputation for quality and integrity that its services are highly sought, and it earns them a premium when bidding new projects.
• The company excels in its value engineering efforts. This, in part, is why they win bids at premium rates - their reputation for sincere efforts toward cost savings throughout the lifecycle of construction, without sacrificing quality.
• The socioeconomic forces behind the renewable energy sector are positively staggering, and for the company this represents fertile ground for decades of tremendous growth.
• The FAST Act increased federal funding for highway infrastructure by 5.1% in 2016 and will increase it 2.1%-2.4% in fiscal years 2017-2020.
• Power spending in 2017 will increase 2% over 2016 for a 6th consecutive year of near $100 billion in spending. Highway spending in 2017 will grow 5% over 2016.
To view the prospectus for this business, please click on the following link: https://listing.raincatcher.com/listing/fast-expanding-highly-profitable-excavating-and-grading-company-with-a-focus-in-the-renewable-energy-sector/ and follow these steps:
1) Select "Login to Sign NDA" to the right
2) Select "Not a Raincatcher buyer member yet? Click here to create an account and get exclusive access to our premium business-for-sale listings..."
3) Enter your information and click on "CLICK HERE TO SIGN NDA"
4) Scroll to the bottom of form, sign yo
About the Business
Contact the Seller
- Year Established:
- Number of Employees:
- Real Estate:
- Building Sq. Ft.:
(2) locations: 6,400 sf building - $8.11 sf, 2 buildings are 2,000 sf each - $6.56 sf with seven acres
The company is a company whose staff are highly respected among their peers in the field. Beyond the traditional construction work, the strength of Columbia’s systems and reporting makes them surpass any competitor, especially with the significant reporting requirements in the renewable energy, environmental and government sectors.
The renewable energy, road building maintenance and underground utilities industry is steadily growing. Homeland Security focus on electrical power grid security will result in an increase of the security upgrade work Columbia Pacific performs on BPA’s high-security NERC/CIP installations.
Infrastructure construction is up more than 4% from 2016. The industry is dominated by movements in Power and Highway markets. Power/Electric/Gas and Highway/Bridge/Street, about equally, comprise 65% of all infrastructure spending. Power spending in 2017 will increase 2% over 2016 for a 6th consecutive year of near $100 billion in spending. Highway spending in 2017 will grow 5% over 2016.
Growth & Expansion:
The company serves the Western United States and Alaska, and will be branching into Hawaii in Fall 2017 in a joint venture project valued at $34 million. Columbia Pacific’s contract, self-performing approximately $8 million of the project. In addition, there is a possibility of branching into Haiti with a $140 million wind farm project.
Current opportunities include large joint venture projects and increasing demand for wind farms. This is a high-growth company that is fast becoming a dominant player in the Renewable Energy Sector, a sector that saw investments of $242 Billion in 2016.
About the Sale
- Reason For Selling:
The seller is willing to provide whatever is necessary to create a good foundation and smooth transition for the new owner. Columbia’s valued and skilled employees will also make it happen.
- Ad Detail Views: