New Listing After-School Education Center
included in asking price
included in asking price
Share this business:
New Listing! Seller re-listed this School on Memorial Day 2019 after taking it off the market during the Summer of 2018. Now he has decided to sale the business for real.
The school opened in Silicon Valley, California in 2014. It serves children who are at least 4 years and 9 months of age and no older than 18 years of age who attend a public or private full-time day school. California law requires the school to have: specific regular hours of operation; offer education or academic tutoring, or both, in a foreign language; offer education on the culture, traditions, or history of diverse countries; offer culturally enriching activities, including art, dancing, games, singing based on culture or customs of a country other than the U.S.
Equipment included 3 Vans with a Blue Book Value of approximately $20,000, Electronics valued at approximately $1,500 Classroom Furniture and Furnishings for classrooms and offices estimated value of $17,685. Personal Property Assets of Business estimated value is $39,185. Inventory includes all classroom supplies, office supplies, cleaning supplies, and all supplies with the imprinted school logo.
Sales and Profit are on trending upward in 2018 and in the first four months of 2019. Demand for After-School Enrichment Programs is growing in Silicon Valley as more and more parents must work to support their families and the demand for high academic success encourages parents to seek enrichment programs for their children.
About the Business
Contact the Seller
- Santa Clara County, California
- Year Established:
- Number of Employees:
- Real Estate:
- Building Sq. Ft.:
- $6,202.98 Per Month
- Lease Expiration:
Beautifully built-out leased commercial property with multiple activity areas and classrooms and outdoor play area. Interior of school can easily accommodate 45 to 50 students. The facility is a sunny, clean, and spacious environment. The parking area is ample and free. There is easy access to the Freeway.
See business prospectus which can be obtained from the Listing Broker
Growth & Expansion:
The owner is happy to give Buyer her ideas for expanding beyond the well-established after-school program and using the off-hours more effectively to increase profit.
Here are some of her ideas:
1. Homeschool classes 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. school days (e.g., https://sites.google.com/site/academicantics/, https://ateamhomeschool.com/ in San Jose. Something similar could succeed, as there are many homeschoolers in this area.) We are an Ocean Grove vendor, so the state will pay for many of these classes for homeschoolers (we usually add 10% to cost for billing).
2. Tutoring evenings (after 4 or 5 p.m. when classrooms open up) and weekends (We have done mostly Saturday mornings but have not kept up with demand).
3. Teen, Adult, or Parent/Child classes evenings and weekends. Free parenting classes as marketing/service or paid classes on any topic. (We have hosted a few yoga workshops.)
4. Expand the enrichment class offerings and market more to outside students, including homeschoolers until the morning classes are established. We have had homeschoolers and “drop-in” students come to camps, Science class, Winter Holidays class, No-School days, etc.
5. SAT and other test prep for high-school students. We hosted a 2-day workshop in 2017 that brought homeschooled high-school students from around the Bay Area.
6. Summer: Camps, classes, workshops, tutoring. You can invite groups in to run the camps and pay a facility use fee (LEGO: Bricks 4 Kids; Yoga and Theater; Chess Wizards; etc. You can take vans full of students to a local pool for swim lessons, or buyers can plan their own camps and keep your teachers working. We have written a lot of curriculum for use during the summer camps, so a new owner is ready to go with this
About the Sale
- Reason For Selling:
Seller wants to focus on her 5 boys whom she home schools.
Owners will provide training to buyers for 2 weeks/ 20 hours per week. Sellers will work with the Buyers so that there is a smooth transition which will help retain teacher, students, and parents.
- Seller Financing:
Buyer is willing to carry a Loan to qualified Buyer
- Ad Detail Views: