Are you contemplating the purchase of a franchise? If so, one option to consider is to buy a franchise in Maryland. It may not be the first location to come to mind, but it has many great features you may not be aware of.
Maryland is known for its advances in areas like renewable energy sources, life sciences and the maritime & seafood industries. There are many business opportunities in those sectors, but there are also many franchises for sale in Maryland in the following fields:
- Home improvement, maintenance and restoration
- Health and senior care
- Restaurants and food service
The Old Line State’s location is one of its biggest advantages. According to government sources, an overnight drive from Maryland can put you in reach of one-third of USA residents. That in itself may be reason enough to buy a franchise in Maryland! Some other geographical advantages include:
- It borders the Atlantic Ocean, Washington DC and the states of Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware
- It is in close proximity to many of the most significant airports and roadways in the US
- Annapolis, Baltimore and more of Maryland’s biggest cities are located at various points surrounding Chesapeake Bay
Being one of the original 13 colonies, Maryland has a long and intriguing history and has always had a high population compared to other regions. Its status as one of the smallest US states as well as its population of over 6 million people make for a very high population density. It is also known to have one of the highest per capita personal income rates in the United States.
A franchise is a great way to get your feet wet as a first-time business owner. You will already have the advantage of a familiar name, as well as a marketing strategy and business model that the franchise has already developed. Do some research today, and you’ll be well on your way to becoming a franchise owner in Maryland.